Translate

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Playing Catch Up With Myself : June 2022

I've been gone from this blog for so long! Life has been "interesting" in the last half year or so, and it was so much easier to throw things into Facebook. Then, in September, even Facebook became too much: we all got Covid, and it was December before I was well again. So from September to the end of Novembr, including but not limited to my birthday, nothing of a journal nature was recorded at all. So --

It's time to play Catch up!

Here's my Facebook post from June 28 ... this was way before Covid came to stay...

Winter! I haven't been "on" much in the last few weeks. Have had the mid-winter blahs, plus a couple of sniffles, a period of deep introspection around the anniversary of Mom's passing, and -- I'll be the first to admit this -- I've been reading tooooo much news. It's never good, and if you look at the news before you get something nice out of the day, you usually sink into the moody blues and ...! Dumb thing to do, I know. So I think I'll just, uh, stop doing it. 

But I haven't been "idle," and I've amassed quite a number of pics worth sharing ... notwithstanding the SD card that died suddenly, and took some great shots with it! (I lost about 30 in the transfer of photos from the card to the computer, and as usual (ha!) the ones that got away were the best. They always are, right?) Anyway, I'll post a few at a time, and start with a selfie at Aldinga Scrub a few weeks ago -- grabbing a patch of sunny weather, while it lasts. The rest of the images are all over the place ... Milang, McLaren Vale, Strathalbyn, Belair, on and on...

Phone selfie, at Belair NP ... looks like Pines 1 in the background.

Galah acrobatics in a high wind, at Milang

Winter in Belair NP ... the tail up to Amphitheatre Rocks

Rocky outcrops above Strathalbyn

Sheep in the high paddocks above Strathalby

Winter vines on the walking trails behind McLaren Vale

Playford Lake, after plenty of rain in the nearby hills

Sleepy koala, somewhere at Belair NP

If I had to choose a #photooftheday it would be this one. A Currawong appeared out of nowhere and struck poses for me, on the way back from Punchbowl lookout, Onkaparinga Gorge, a couple of weeks ago. I *thought* I'd lost these shots when the SD card died, then stumbled over them when I came to go through the last thousand or so photos, on the PC. Happy, happy!

A beautiful Currawong at Onkaparinga Gorge





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...