Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Playing Catch-Up With Myself: August 2022

 


August 1, 2022

It's that time of the year again ... I find myself missing Bagheera as ever. It's eight years since he scampered over that rainbow bridge that waits for us all. July 29, 2014. Eight years! Seems like only yesterday. Sleep well, little one ... until we meet again.

There really isn't anything to add to that. The whole album is posted here, and I often scroll through it, remembering times that were. Sigh.


August 5, 2022


And then, it was Welcome Home Zolie ... and I guess the rest is history. Eight years has gone by so fast, I can scarcely believe it. Knock on wood, she's fighting fit, never seems to skip a beat, and aside from needing to have her teeth cleaned every year or two, she's our basic princess...

ooOOOoooOOOoo

..and that was the last I posted for a very, very long time -- necessitating the catch-up for this blog, if I plan to pick up the threads and go on with it. This last post to facebook, in early August, marked the beginning of a period of the "moody blues," or "cabin fever," or SAD ... no matter what you call it, it was impossible to shake.

I didn't post. I didn't write. I did keep up with photography, with the effect that I ended up with over 6,000 photos backlogged and not even glanced at. As I write this in January '23, I till haven't caught up with those photos, but ... I'm trying.

So, August was a miasma of SAD as the third consecutive La Nina turned our world grey and murky. Too much for too long, was it, piled on top of the Covid? Could be. But for us, in August, Covid was still something that happened to other people. Then, in September, Dave brought it home from work with him. It came on a flying visit, and decided to outstay its welcome.

I'll cover September in a separate post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...