Translate

Friday, January 20, 2023

Playing Catch-up With Myself: July 15 -- "The Colours of Winter, 2022"





The Colours of Winter, 2022 

... it's actually extremely beautiful. It's just c-c-c-cold. Noticing the price of electricity tends to put the mockers on the beauties of winter somewhat. Ahem. There's a story running this morning about the likelihood of another La Nin summer! Brace yourselves ... 

Actually, levity aside, my heart goes out to the flood victims in the east. How this can be happening beats the heck out of me (and I can put it in stronger language, if you like. Picture this: 12,000 cries for help from State and Federal authorities, yet after about five months, just 25 homes have been completed and tenanted. Say, what, now? That's the nitty-gritty face of winter, and it ain't so pretty). 

But ... for what it's worth, here's winter's lovelier face.  Dave, Mike and I get out there as often as we can. Winter! What can you say? Well you could say plenty (about frozen fingers, mud, trying to get good photos at Goolwa, when it's practically dark at three in the afternoon), but after seeing the conditions in Europe and England, I admit, I'm grateful for our chilly conditions.). 

So -- a few recent images, celebrating the season, while I send all my sympathies, best wishes and "positive waves" to friends in the UK. (We don't have family left there -- or at least, not that we're in touch with). 

And I have a little good news.

I'm going to be in ANALOG magazine again! It's the SF market leader, so I'm thrilled to bits. Last year, they bought "The Way Home," which was published in the Jan/Feb '22 issue (I blogged about it), and they've just accepted "Collateral Damage," which will be in an issue next year. I'll let you know know when it comes out, of course. 😀 If you want to get the specific issue, you need to be a bit quick. I haven't been able to find permanent links to individual issues, just links to the magazine itself, where you can take out a year's subscription. This is marvellous news for me! 

Now, some more of those winter photos...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...