Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Settling in for the holidays


Everything done ... tree up, gifts wrapped, groceries stashed, menu set. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and there's nothing left to be done, just put on some seasonal music and enjoy!

I confess, I wish I felt more "Christmassy," but it's difficult when you just passed the summer solstice, you're thinking about turning on the a/c, the cricket's on tv, and ... and ...!

This is our second Christmas without Mom, and I do miss her a lot. Especially at this time of year. I imagine I always will, so it's something that has to become part of the landscape. You shed your tear, heave your sigh, and battle on.

Otherwise, life is very slow and steady. Dave is happy at work (he won New Employee of the Year, which is a measure of how good he is at this job! Good on you, Dave!), and we got a lease to stay in this house another year, so even that worked out well. Mike is busy with stories and projects...

For myself, it's all about the art. Painting. Okay, it's digital painting, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it -- getting a kick out of art that I haven't had in thirty years. I'll upload a few more pieces here to chart my progress. That's what blogs are for, right? Right...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...