Translate

Monday, December 17, 2018

Honorable Mention, no less! We're doing something right.


Not too shabby ... Honorable Mention in the SF Writers of the Future contest ... for Root and Branch. The story is about a living city, maybe 700 years from now, when cities (and airships!) grow themselves. And this city is sick. In fact, she's dying ... question is, what do you do about it?

Just finished another SF story, Islands of the Mind, which is out on submission at this time ... wish me luck with that one! 

Also, managed to do another painting today, though I do confess, this one was painted wholly in Photoshop. My right hand is so painful, I'm going to have to suspend "doodling" in Krita until some of the sheer agony subsides. But I'm very pleased with this study of the shoreline on the far side of Petrel Cove, which is on t'other side of Rosetta Head (aka The Bluff) at Victor Harbour. So...


...and let me share some detail shots that show the fine work:



Am having a ball, painting. Really enjoying it, and I think that comes through in the work. I'm getting better at this, and learning ... oh, a lot. This painting was done from another "meh" photo. The lighting conditions were awful, the images were flat, dull, boring. What could could do with them? But here and there was a shot fulled with potential as a painting. This is the fun of painting: seeing a pretty dreadful snapshot turn into a very nice image indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...