Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

A feasting echidna ... how lucky is this!



How lucky is this! My new camera arrived in the late morning yesterday, so after putting the battery on charge over lunchtime, we braved the weird, weird February weather (chill, windy, overcast and spritzing with rain -- like late April, not at all like summer) and "took the camera for a walk" around Playford Lake, at Belair NP.

While strolling, on the lookout for likely subjects, I noticed something that looked, from a distance, like a crocheted bag ... then it moved, gorblimey, and I realized what I was looking at! These guys are normally shy, you don't see them very often. This is only the fourth time I've seen one in Belair, and only the second time up close. But this guy was so intent on his ants' nest, in an old log, he ignored me. So --




I shot loads, because I'm still learning this Lumix TZ90, and was pretty sure I was doing something majorly wrong for the first dozen shots. Yep, I was. Soon as I caught up with myself, adjusted one of the settings, it was plain sailing. I am very impressed indeed with this camera -- I'll be doing a "Happy New Camera!" post tomorrow, but for now, this little guy is worth a post all on his own.

A feasting echidna! How cute is this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...