Translate

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hey, I did it!


Hey ... I actually did it. After all these years. Facebook. I mean, for me this is waaay out there. I've been able to see the sense of blogging for the better part of a decade, because it brings out the diarist in me. But social media has never really been "my thing," partly because I'm rather a private person, and partly because I lead a boring, boring life with very little to talk about.

Example:

What did I do today? Cleaned bathrooms. Repeatedly. Of necessity. I'm a care giver ... don't ask.

Facebook keeps asking, What's on your mind? You want the diplomatic handout or the truth? Okay, then, both. The diplomatic handout first: "The poems of James Elroy Flecker are on my mind --"

Night on the bloodstained snow: the wind is chill:
And there a thousand tombless warriors lie,
Grasping their swords, wild-featured. All are still.
Above them the black ravens wheel and cry.
A brilliant moon sends her cold light abroad:
Hialmar arises from the reddened slain,
Heavily leaning on his broken sword,

And bleeding from his side the battle-rain.

...and it would be true that this poem did rush through my mind two hours ago for about seven seconds, for some odd reason. But what's on my mind now as facebook poses the question, is, "I need to get a new toilet brush." 

Now, what kind of  facebook post do you call that? A toilet brush. Boring. Perhaps even mildly disillusioning. Yet, true, LOL.

Anyway: here's me on facebook. I finally did it!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...