Translate

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Splish, splash! Eastern Rosellas --




On Tuesday, Dave and I took the day and went to Morialta, as I've been promising myself I would. A fine, sunny day after rain ... the waterfall ought to be running (it was), and we should see some bush birds, and photograph them.

Well ... I miscalculated somewhat regarding the birds: Morialta is waaay too busy these days to be a good place for birding. The small bush birds (wrens, honey eaters, whistlers, warblers, the whole gang of them) are far, far away; every time there's a lull and they begin to come back down, the next gaggle of shrieking kids comes storming along, and they're gone again. So --

I got just a few opportunities to photograph birds, and missed two of them! But one of those opportunities was a real treat. A pair of Eastern Rosellas, taking a bath in a creek just off the side of the path. I took about thirty frames, and these are the best. (More of Morialta to come, when I get the chance to go through the images.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...