Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Has it really been 21 years? It has!




The happy day! Part of me wants to say, "I can't believe it's been 21 years," and at the same time, so much has happened, and both of us have changed so much ... of course it's been 21 years. Memory has ways of juxtaposing images, slapping them together like the pages of a book, or flashbacks in a movie; but if you think about getting here, today, "the long way around," well ... it's been a long and eventful time. They haven't all been good years, but they were seldom dull!




A log cabin church in Fairbanks, Alaska ... a frozen river as our backdrop. A small gathering of Dave's friends and family (I was faaaar from home), some Irish lace, and a lot of red hair that I wish I still possessed, LOL! Even the weather cooperated ... it wasn't actually "cold," as one thinks of cold in Alaska. Snowy, but clear, with "good air." The reception took place at a restaurant right on the river; the outdoor photos here were taken on the deck right outside...




Thanks to Anna Walker for taking the wedding pictures; to Ken and Gerry Downes for making me so welcome, and part of their family; and to Doug, Dave's brother, for coming up to Alaska to be there. As I began ... it was a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...