Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2024

There's nothing like a contributor's copy in your hand!

 



One of life's greatest pleasures is receiving the contributor's copy of a magazine you're appearing in. This is the third time I've been in ANALOG, and the thrill is huge. I'm hoping to be there again, if not late next year (probably won't happen, due to the gapping between appearances -- I think it's sixteen months, so 2024 will expire before I "get my turn," which is absolutely fair) then in 2026. I have a longer story to pitch this time, and am unsure, as yet, if it's even appropriate to show the editors something that's better than twice as long as Firegrounds. We shall see. 

Work on my new novel, The Gift of Prometheus, ploughs ahead apace, and it's looking good. I have one or two smaller literary jobs to tidy up before I start writing, and then -- time to stop talking about this and, as the slogan goes, "just do it."

Have spent a nice afternoon processing images from January to early May this year -- something of a "lost months" era. We actually did a lot, but getting Covid in late May put the mockers on everything. I filed the images, then got so sick, I quite literally forgot them all. Also forgot all that we had done, and seen, and all the places we went. Since Yuletide, I've been so captivated by the new camera that this is the first time I've stuck my nose into the old Lumix folders. Well, now! Okay, the resolution isn't what I've come to expect (read: demand) these days, but there are some lovely photos there. Stand by for posting!

Nothing else of note is happening. Certainly nothing worth blogging about! But I will certainly post a "Retrospective of 2024," very soon, and leave a few notes here about where we went, what we did. 

The major question is, what happened to my memory?! I have to wonder if Covid does something to it, because after getting the virus for the third time in May, the previous four months were just blotted out. Harrumph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...