Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Struck by Lightning

No, I haven't been struck by lightning -- nor has Dave -- though I did just go for a walk and get caught in a shower of micro-hail the size of tapioca pearls. (My coat is still drying.) But we just saw history being made, which I'd like to journal here, if only to jog my own memory in a year's time --


...yep, that kinda lightning. And one feels rather privileged to see it.

(Last time I was consciously aware of being so privileged was seeing a legend called Black Caviar win her 25th out of 25 before retiring undefeated -- another one-of-a-kind. Happens once in a lifetime.)

Personally, I hope Usain Bolt decides to play cricket professionally next ... because he does play cricket, batting and bowling and he's a big draw in any game ... and if he plays cricket for the West Indies, he'll be down here in Australia playing ODI or T/20 very soon. What a blast that would be! Whoot.

Take a look at this, and cross fingers. Seriously, cross fingers.

One more opportunity to see the lightning bolt (tomorrow morning, Adelaide time), and then watch out for a souvenir DVD. There's gotta be a souvenir DVD.

UPDATE: next day ... yep, lightning struck a third time. Or perhaps a ninth time! So wonderful to see this live, as it happened. There's a memory to squirrel away.

And a completely OT footnote: one of the things I find myself enjoying is having a personal blog in which I can blog about whatever-the-hell interests me on any day. Let's see you do that on a travel blog, or an art blog, LOL. I have those too, and although they're pretty, they're not nearly as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...