Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2016

It's so weird --

With Pandora (the ailing Dell Inspiron notebook) in the workshop possibly till Tuesday, I'm borrowing Dave's desktop to post this. And it's weird. Just because I'm looking at a different screen, and the keyboard feels different, and the chair is a different height, my brain is trying to tell me that Blogger has spontaneously moved every single icon; nothing is where I left it. Now, intellectually I know for a fact everything is in the same place ... but it's not. Is it? Eep.

IT Warehouse booked Pandora in for brain surgery, but they don't have a tech in over the weekend and they're busy, so ... by Tuesday I'll be so used to this keyboard and chair, I'll have to rewire my brain to switch back. What did I say about weird?

And there's more...


Who told Australians there's cream cheese and sugar in guacamole?! While exploring the supermarket a little while ago I happened to glance at the label on a dip, and was bemused. The first ingredient listed on the guacamole tub is cream cheese!

People, there is no cream cheese in guacamole. There is no sugar in guacamole. Trust me. And I say this as an Australian citizen who's been in this country for 45 years, 6 months and 2 weeks. There are EIGHT ingredients in guacamole --

Avocado (duh); salt and white pepper; onion and garlic; cumin and coriander; and lime juice. There are no hard and fast rules about how much of each ingredient you use -- it's all "to taste." We use organic powders for the onion, garlic, cumin and turmeric, and pink Himalayan salt. If Dave is making the guacamole, it's saltier and more peppery than if I make it, but the basic mix is the same.

In fact, I just made a batch for snacks this evening; here's the proof:

Locally grown avocados, just before they were whacked with a fork
and seasoned up into guacamole. Yum.
Delicious. And Dave has just finished whipping up the first-ever batch of peanut butter we ever made -- with extra virgin olive oil, pink Himalayan salt and raw sugar. Not that we're picky or anything, but we do like to know what we're eating. Why is every food label you look at covered in numbers standing for additives, preservatives, modifiers, stabilizers, colors, flavors, agents ... is there any actual food in this jar?! So we tend to cook, and make a lot of our own stuff...

Then again, we're weird. We admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...